- Beef Steak – 6 pcs., weighing about 8 oz. each
- Fresh lime juice – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 + 1/2 tsp.
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Ground pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- 8 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced across
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp.
- Fresh coriander (chopped) – 3 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil – for grilling
- 2 sweet onions, cut into small pieces
1. Mix lime juice, water, orange juice, salt, oregano and pepper. In a deep frying pan over medium heat, heat up the olive oil. Add the garlic, cumin and cook until the garlic turns golden, about 2 minutes. Gently add the mixture with the juice and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Steaks decompose in a glass form. Add the cilantro to marinade and pour half of the steak mixture. Turn over several times so that the meat is evenly covered with marinade. Cover and remove in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Prepare the grill, lightly oil the grill. Steaks to get from the marinade, dry. Lubricate the onions with marinade. Fry the onions in a zone of indirect heat until it becomes soft and tan marks appear on it. Fry the steaks on high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the steaks and onions to a dish, pour the remains of the marinade on top and serve.